Category of Information: Information you give to us in order to register for our service (Voluntary Information)
Where it comes from: Completing our Candidate Registration Process
What is collected and how we use that information
In order for us to notify you of appropriate apprenticeship opportunities we need to gather some personal data about you and understand the types of career or roles you are looking for. Our Candidate Registration Process has been designed to ensure we are only collecting the information we need in order to provide our service to you/build your profile.
We will ask you to:
- Create an account and password so that you can securely log on to our website and update your profile, change your preferences and see current opportunities.
- Provide your name, address, email address, date of birth, gender and contact telephone numbers.
- Create a profile, or provide a copy of your CV that includes the following:
- information on your qualifications (you can upload certificates if you wish)
- information on any relevant work experience and/or job history
- information on your personal strengths and opportunities for development
- Confirm whether you have a driving licence.
- Provide a video profile of yourself.
We have an online tool that you can use to create your CV (this will pull together the information you provide in our Candidate Registration Process into a structured format).
To complete the application for some roles, you may be asked to complete a Video Interview or other online assessment. Information from these assessments will be used as part of the selection process.
We require this personal information in order to provide our service to you/find opportunities for you (i.e. it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you and is in our legitimate business interests). Your personal information will only be used for this purpose.
You can also let us know:
- Whether you have a disability that an education providers or employer may need to be aware of for reasonable adjustments to be made for the selection process.
- Your ethnic origin and religion
- Your preferred pronoun, gender (Including Trans categories), information about gender reassignment, neurodiverse conditions, sexual orientation,
- Socio-economic status;
Please note that some of the information in the fields above constitutes Special Category of Personal Data (SCPD data). This information will always be optional.
We will only collect this data on the basis of your consent where you voluntarily disclose these details to us and confirm whether these should be shared with your prospective education provider or employer for the purposes of making reasonable adjustments at workplace before you enter into a contract with them, and attending any interviews with them. We also statistical data for example, for the purposes of monitoring equality and diversity throughout the selection process and reporting.
Failure to provide this information will not impact upon your ability to register with us. We can still provide you with our service without this information. As we rely on consent as our lawful basis for processing this SCPD data, if you chose to provide it, you will be asked to declare (at the end of the Candidate Registration Process) that you’re happy for us to process this data as outlined in this privacy notice. If you have any concerns, please do not volunteer this information/tick the declaration.
Please be assured that after initial collection of your ethnic origin, the information will be anonymised and used only for statistical purposes. To know more about this, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
For some roles we will be required by law to conduct identity checks, verify your right to work in the UK and perform a Disclosure and Barring Service Check. We will contact you separately about this if it applies to you.
We may direct you to third party organisations such as Credly and trustpilot to verify your details where we are required to carry out identity checks in accordance with law. We have no control over how your details are processed by these third-party organisations. Please refer to their privacy policies to understand how they process your personal data.
We will not share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes. The information you provide to us will be stored securely by us and our data processors. This captures data in both electronic and paper form.
We will use the contact information you provide to keep you up to date on traineeship, apprenticeship, education and other opportunities related to employment that may be of interest to you.